This version, however, was not bright red. In fact, it looked nothing like the tandoori chicken I’m used to seeing at Indian restaurants. But looks can be deceiving because this chicken was really good. It had plenty of warm spices and just enough heat to make things interesting.
Of course, I had to put my own spin on it. Shocking, I know! I grilled the chicken because, well, everything is better on the grill. The recipe called for serving it in a wrap, but I skipped that part. Mostly because I forgot to buy naan.
And honestly? The chicken didn't need it. It was flavorful enough to stand completely on its own. Wrapped up or straight off the grill, this one was a winner.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast or boneless, skinless chicken thighs cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced or paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons mild chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder optional
- juice of 1 whole lime
- ghee for basting, optional
- 8 naans
- chopped lettuce
- diced cucumber
- sliced red onion
- chutney of choice

No comments:
Post a Comment