![]() |
| Photo from Lemon Blossoms |
The minute I spotted this recipe, I knew it belonged at book club. We eat pretty darn well at our meetings (and yes, we really do discuss the book), and I had a feeling this would be one of those appetizers everyone would happily dig into. Technically, "everyone" means three people, but still. A crowd is a crowd.
And I was right. This dip was SO good. The bright lemon flavor, the shrimp, the creamy cheese — somehow every piece of it worked together perfectly. It was rich without being too heavy, and that little hit of lemon kept everything balanced. I could have kept eating it straight from the bowl.
I cut the recipe in half because the original makes way more than we needed. Lemon Blossoms says the full recipe serves four, but I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I made half the recipe and it comfortably fed the four of us, including a husband who joined us for dinner, with enough left over that another person could have had a serving. So, a full recipe? Yeah, that's definitely feeding more than four. I guess if it was all you were having for dinner, maybe it'd just feed 4.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/4 inch pieces*
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded plus more for topping**
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped plus more for garnish
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)

No comments:
Post a Comment