Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp & Broccoli

I’m always a sucker for a recipe that sounds like it should taste like takeout but doesn’t require me to actually order takeout (or spend the $$ on take out). This one caught my attention because honey, garlic and butter? Yeah, that’s a pretty solid combination.

I started by marinading the shrimp for about 30 minutes. When that was done, this recipe comes together really quick, which is always a bonus. The shrimp get coated in a sweet and savory sauce made with honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a little red pepper flake. Then there’s butter involved, because apparently we weren’t having enough fun yet.

I cooked the broccoli separately by sauteing it briefly before I cooked the shrimp. I mean briefly. Once the shrimp was done, I tossed in the sauce for it to thicken and then the broccoli. I'm not a fan of overcooked broccoli. 

I served mine over rice, which was perfect for soaking up all that extra sauce.

This was a really easy dinner with plenty of flavor and very little fuss. And honestly, anything that gets dinner on the table quickly without resorting to a frozen pizza gets a big gold star in my book.

I’d make this one again instead of ordering take out any time.

Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp & Broccoli
Recipe from Butter Your Biscuit
Serves 4
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium
  • 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or 1/4 ground
  • 2 tablespoons garlic minced
  • 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 teaspoon cornstarch
  • 1 pound large shrimp peeled, deveined and tails removed if desired
  • 2 tablespoon butter
  • 2 cups broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • Salt & pepper to taste
In a small bowl add the honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, red pepper, and mix until combined.

Place the peeled and deveined shrimp into a bowl and add 1/3 of the sauce.

Whisk in the cornstarch to the reserved marinade and set aside.

Heat a skillet or wok on high heat, add olive oil and broccoli, salt and pepper and cook 5-6 minutes just until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.

Add the butter to the skillet and add shrimp discarding any marinade. Cook until the shrimp turns pink about 2 minutes on each side.

Add in the reserved sauce and bring to a low-medium simmer until thickened about 2-3 minutes.

Add in the broccoli and toss until heated through.

Serve over rice or pasta

No comments: