Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Honey Garlic Green Beans (Recipe 66 of 150)

1 star recipe. Maybe. Would not recommend. 

Seriously, this recipe should have been soo good. I mean soy sauce (or in my case tamari) and honey - savory / sweet combo for the win, right? 

I can't even tell you what went wrong, cuz I'm not really sure. I do know I overcooked the green beans, so that one thing. The other is the after taste was just not pleasant to me. Sherrie was over for dinner and she tasted nothing wrong and loved the recipe (aside from the over cooked green beans). 

So maybe it was me and my taster was off. At any rate, this one is not going to go into any "favorite" categories for me. But you should try it. I 100% believe it was me not the recipe. 


Honey Garlic Green Beans
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4

  • 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 2 T butter
  • 4 T honey
  • 2 T soy sauce
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes

In a large skillet, melt butter. Add green beans; cook, stirring constantly, over high heat until slightly blistered, 2-3 minutes.

Whisk together honey, soy sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over green beans. Continue cooking and stirring until beans are coated and the sauce starts to evaporate slightly, 2-3 minutes.

No comments: