Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Amazing Grilled Chicken Marinade (Recipe 81 of 150)

Yet another chicken marinade. I mean, chicken gets boring, so the more marinades you have in your back pocket the better, right? 

The great thing about this one is that most people have everything in their pantry already. What I liked about this one is it uses apple cider vinegar. I don't think I've made any marinades using ACV (that's apple cider vinegar in case you aren't keeping up). The recipe also called for a 1/2 c brown sugar, which I thought was too much. But I put it in and I'm glad I did. 

The result was a sweet / savory combination at first then the mustard hits you. It was a magical combination to me. 

I let this marinade for 5 hours. And per my usual MO, I cut the chicken into chunks and kebab-ed them. 

Amazing Grilled Chicken Marinade
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 6

  • ¼ c cider vinegar
  • 3 T Dijon mustard
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 T lime juice
  • 1½ T lemon juice
  • ½ c brown sugar
  • 1½ tsp salt
  • 4 T olive oil
  • ¼ tsp pepper
  • 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

Whisk together vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, olive oil and pepper. Pour over chicken and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Remove chicken from marinade. Grill chicken for 8-10 minutes per side, or until done.

No comments: