Sunday, June 19, 2022

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff (Recipe 77 of 150)

I have a Kick Ass Stroganoff that I swear by. It's a recipe I've "worked on" over the years. When I
finally found the perfect combo of ingredients I wrote it down here. Consider it my gift to you. 

I've tried a bunch of stroganoff recipes over the years and each one is almost always slightly different. But when it comes to comfort I go back to my Kick Ass recipe. 

I am not a fan of one pot meals that include pasta being cooked in the same pot as everything else. For some reason I feel like it always comes out weird. Like the pasta is usually over cooked. It's the same reason I don't like bakes pasta (except lasagna). So, I did not cook the egg noodles in the crock pot. 

I did adjust the liquid though so it didn't turn out too soupy. I also almost always put my stroganoff over rice. It's controversial, I know. In fact, I took an unofficial poll on FB and everyone thought I was the crazy one. I can't argue that. 

I won't make this again, but only because I like my recipe. This was a good recipe. It had a ton of flavor and was super easy to put together. 

Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
Recipe from Eating On a Dime

Serves 6

2 pounds stew meat
1 T Olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp minced garlic
1/3 c red wine
1/2 onion (diced)
8 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
1 T Worcestershire sauce
3 c beef broth
12 ounce egg noodles
1 c sour cream
2 T cornstarch

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the beef, season it with the salt and pepper and cook until browned. Then add the beef to a slow cooker.

Deglaze the skillet with 1 cup of beef broth and then add this mixture to the crock pot as well.

Then add in the red wine, minced garlic, diced onion, Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms and remaining 2 cup of beef broth to the crock pot.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the beef is tender.

Then mix the cornstarch with a small amount of cold water to dissolve the cornstarch. Stir this mixture and the uncooked egg noodles into the crock pot.

Cover and cook on high for 20-40 minutes until the noodles are cooked through.

Then stir in the sour cream and enjoy!

No comments: