Thursday, June 2, 2022

Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce (Recipe 62 of 150)

Photo from My Kitchen
Escapades
I do enjoy teriyaki chicken, but I'm finding more and more I like it when I buy it from my local teriyaki
place. 

This recipe is good. A bit unconventional with cooking the marinade first. If I made it again I wouldn't do that. I'd marinade it before cooking and without the cornstarch. Then I'd add cornstarch and cook the remaining marinade. 


Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Recipe from Mykitchenescapades.com

Serves 4

  • 1/4 C soy sauce
  • 1/4 C packed brown sugar
  • 2 Tb honey or agave nectar
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 Tb cornstarch
  • 1 C water
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

In a medium saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce then heat over high heat until it simmers and thickens. Allow it to cool.

Slice the chicken breasts into long strips about 1 inch wide and place in a large bowl. Add about 3/4 of the teriyaki sauce and marinade in the fridge for at least an hour, up to overnight. Save the unused sauce to finish the dish after the chicken is cooked.

Preheat your grill to medium heat. Place the marinated chicken on the grill and allow it to cook for about 4-5 minutes before turning it over an cooking for another 3 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Place the finished chicken on a clean serving dish and drizzle over the reserved teriyaki sauce before serving.

No comments: