Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Charley's Steak Marinade (Recipe 68 of 150)

I don't know who Charley is, but that guy needs a hug. Y'all, this marinade was fan-freakin-tastic.
 

I've said it before and I'll say it again, marinades are my favorite thing to BBQ with. Beef is good on it's own, and it has it's place. But marinades just add so much more flavor. 

I marinated this for 5 hours. I know the recipe says 45 minutes, but come on? That's not marinading it. That's just dunking it in a sauce and hoping for the best. I don't think you'd get the flavor with a measly 45 minute marinade. The 5 hours did the trick. I used tritip - which used to be a reasonable and flavorful cut of meat. Now it's more expensive but still flavorful. 

I also, per usual MO, cut my steaks into chunks. More marinade per surface area. 

Make this marinade. 5 stars our of 5 and it's going on the 2022 favorites list!


Charley's Steak Marinade
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4

3 T yellow mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ c soy sauce
2 T brown sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
4 NY Strip steaks

Whisk together mustard, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper.

Pour over steaks and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes, turning approximately every 15 minutes.

Remove steaks from marinade and grill until desired doneness.

No comments: