Thursday, April 20, 2023

Honey-Balsamic Steak Bites (60 of 150)

It's official. I do not like steak pan seared. Grilling! That's the only way for me. 

Wasn't a fan of this recipe. The sauce was too sweet for me. I'm a more savory gal, and this just wasn't it for me. 

If I made it again I'd 1) grill the bites and 2) use 1/2 of the honey.



Honey-Balsamic Steak Bites
Recipe from The Kitchn

Serves 4
  • 2 T honey
  • 2 T balsamic vinegar
  • 2 medium scallions
  • 2 pounds (1 to 1 1/2-inch thick) New York strip steaks
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 2 T olive oil

Whisk 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar together in a small bowl. Thinly slice 2 medium scallions (about 1/4 cup). Cut 2 pounds New York strip steak into 1-inch cubes, then season them with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the steak cubes and sear until browned, flipping them halfway through, 6 to 8 minutes total. Add the honey and balsamic vinegar mixture and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from the heat and garnish with the scallions.

No comments: