Sunday, April 9, 2023

Garlic Parmesan Cheese Tortellini (54 of 150)

Photo from Butter
Your Biscuit
Happy Easter! Hope everyone had the easter meal they dreamed of. I wanted something simple and carby to round out the CARB Mother Load weekend. Yesterday I ate way too many carbs and I decided to just keep it going with tortellini. 

Asparagus is a nice addition to this recipe. I highly recommend using asparagus that's a little bigger than a pencil in diameter. I used the smaller asparagus and it was over cooked by the time I put it all together. 

And to top off that, I neglected to put the garlic into this Garlic Parmesan Cheese Tortellini. Ugh. I chopped it. It was ready. I just got distracted when sauteing the asparagus that I just forgot. 

Be sure to use half and half and not heavy cream. This is a pretty thick sauce and if you're using the flour, the heavy cream really thickens up (she says from experience).

I dropped a dollop of pesto into the cream sauce. I had some left over pesto that I needed to use up. There was just enough to add some extra flavor.

Garlic Parmesan Cheese Tortellini
Recipe from Butter Your Biscuit
Serves 6
  • 1 pkg 20 oz cheese tortellini *see notes
  • 2 T butter
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 2 T flour
  • 1 3/4 c half n half
  • 1/2 c Parmesan freshly grated
  • 6 pieces bacon
  • 1/2 lb asparagus chopped washed trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
  • 1 c frozen peas
  • salt/pepper to taste

Cook tortellini according to pkg directions, drain and set aside

In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy, remove and on a paper towel

In the same skillet add asparagus and sauté until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.

Add butter, and garlic and cook 1-2 minutes Whisk in flour and cook another minute. Add in half n half, whisk until combined, and reduce heat to medium low, bring to a low simmer. Add in Parmesan and stir until melted.

Stir in tortellini, peas, asparagus, and bacon mix until combined.

Serve!

No comments: