Sunday, April 23, 2023

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas (61 of 150)

Photo from Love and Lemons
As I'm learning to eat healthier, I'm forever on the hunt for a crunchy snack to replace chips. This doesn't replace chips entirely, but it's a nice, crunchy snack. 

I used Lemon pepper as my spice of choice. I also rinsed the chickpeas first. There's a starch around the beans when you used canned, so rinsing them just makes them less starchy. I placed them out on a paper towel and let them dry for about 30 minutes.

In the oven they went. My oven is sketchy with the temperature so mine were in for 30 minutes before they were crispy enough for me. I checked them every 10 minutes and shook the pan to rotate the chickpeas so all sides can be crispy. 

Next time, I'm gonna try them in the airfryer.

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
Recipe from Love and Lemons
  • 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
  • Sea salt
  • Paprika, curry powder, or other spices (optional)

Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.

Spread the chickpeas on a kitchen towel and pat them dry. Remove any loose skins.

Transfer the dried chickpeas to the baking sheet and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and generous pinches of salt.

Roast the chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Ovens can vary, if your chickpeas are not crispy enough, keep going until they are!

Remove from the oven and, while the chickpeas are still warm, toss with pinches of your favorite spices, if using.

Store roasted chickpeas in a loosely-covered container at room temperature. They are best used within two days.

No comments: