Thursday, April 27, 2023

Air Fryer Breaded Cubed Steak (Bistec Empanizado) (65 of 150)

Ask anyone who knows me what I'll order for breakfast - almost every time? And they'll tell you
Chicken Fried Steak. My heart does a pitter pat for chicken fried steak. But if I continue to eat it my heart won't be doing any pitter patting at all. So, I must find a skinnier version. 

This recipes must have come from my favorite town "Crunchville". But, the crunch didn't come from the bread crumbs. Nope, I swapped those bad boys out for pork rinds again. It really does have a good crunch to it. 

I also used season salt instead of boring old salt. I'm not sure if that makes a difference at all, I'm trying to use it up you see. 


Air Fryer Breaded Cubed Steak (Bistec Empanizado)
Recipe from SkinnyTaste

Serves 4
  • 4 pieces cubed steak (beef round sirloin), 16 ounces total
  • 3 large eggs, with 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
  • 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs*
  • olive oil spray
  • white rice and lime wedges, optional for serving

Season the beef with salt on both sides.

Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl with water.

Dip the beef in the egg, then into the breadcrumbs, patting it with the back of a fork so it sticks.

Transfer to the air fryer basket in batches as needed.

Spray the top of the beef with oil then air fry 400F in a single layer 5 minutes on each side, spraying the other side when you flip. Serve with rice and lime wedges, if desired.

No comments: