Friday, April 7, 2023

Baked Pimento Cheese Dip (52 of 150)

For book club this month, I opted to bring the appetizer. I have a LIST of appetizers that I want to make and it seems book club is the only opportunity I have. 

Pimento cheese dip is a dip that brings back some vivid memories of summers with my Grandma Spaid. She used to buy these little jars or pimento dip. When she was done with the dip, shed' wash the jar and use it for her daily wine. 


I've had Pimento Cheese dip in the south before a couple of times. It varies slightly from place to place, but the general idea is what this recipe is about to me. 

Delicious recipe. I didn't bake it because, well, I just didn't. I like it better without baking. We gobbled it right up though. I'd make this again in a heart beat.

Baked Pimento Cheese Dip
Recipe from Spicy Southern Kitchen
Serves 12
  • 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c mayonnaise
  • 1 (8-ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 (8-ounce) package pepper Jack cheese grated
  • 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained
  • 2 (4-ounce) jars diced pimientos, drained
  • 1 tsp hot sauce
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, and both cheeses. Use a wooden spoon to mix them together well.

Place red peppers and pimientos on paper towels and pat out excess moisture. Roughly chop the peppers and add them along with pimientos to bowl.

Add hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, sugar, and cayenne pepper and stir everything together.

Spoon into prepared baking dish, place in oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.

No comments: