Wednesday, January 20, 2021

The Best Air Fryer Pork Chops (Recipe 13 of 125)

Photo from SweetCDesigns
I didn't quite understand the Spanish Rice recipe I made tonight and how the pork was cooked. So instead, I decided to cook the pork separate and make a new recipe at the same time. 

I only marinade this for about an hour. I've mentioned before I'm not a fan of marinating a protein with lemon juice for much longer. I think it makes the texture weird. Still, an hour was a perfect amount to me. 

I changed nothing of this recipe - there's not much to it. The air fryer really does pork well. I tend to overcook pork (I do the same with chicken) and the air fryer prevents me from doing that for some reason. If you don't have an air fryer you could easily pop these in the oven. You might have to cook them longer, but you'd get the same result.

The Best Air Fryer Pork Chops
Recipe from Sweetcsdesigns.com

Serves 4

Easy Pork Chop Marinade:

  • 1 T garlic powder, minced
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 T lemon juice


Easy Baked Pork Chops:

  • 1 tsp celtic sea salt
  • 1 tsp fresh cracked pepper
  • 4 pork chops, 1/2" thick boneless chops - NOT extra thick or super thin

Add lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, pork chops, salt, and pepper to a ziploc bag and marinate for at least 3 hours, and up to overnight.

Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees.

Season pork chops with salt and pepper.

Add pork chops to air fryer basket, without crowding the pan.

Close oven and cook to browned on one side - about 7 minutes.

Flip pork chops and place back in air fryer.

After 6 minutes, check pork's temperature. If pork chops are thinner, they cook much faster - pork chops are done when they are 145 degrees internally.

If pork chops are not done, keep cooking until they are (cooking time will vary widely based on the thickness of your pork chop, whether or not there is a bone, etc. - so I find it's best to go from temperature instead of time.)

When pork is 145 degrees internally, remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before serving.

No comments: