Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Pork Spanish Rice (Recipe 14 of 125)

I didn't fully understand how the pork got cooked in this recipe so I opted to cook the pork separately. The recipe I used is here

Spanish rice is one of my favorites. The tomato that gets added to the rice really makes the rice delicious to me. My dad has a Spanish Rice recipe that's pretty involved. I like finding one that's not.

Pork Spanish Rice
Recipe from Taste of Home

Serves 4

  • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 2 T butter
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 c chicken broth
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 1-3/4 c cubed cooked pork
  • 1 c uncooked instant rice (use cauliflower rice for low carb)

Optional: Lime wedge and minced cilantro

In a large skillet, sauté green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; stir in pork and rice.

Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, 20-25 minutes. Stir before serving. If desired, serve with lime wedges and top with minced cilantro.

No comments: