Sunday, January 3, 2021

Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon (Recipe 3 of 125)

Photo from
CafeDelites
I'm trying really hard to get more fish, especially salmon, into my weekly menus. I don't have too many fish recipes, but I have enough that will keep me in business for awhile. 

This is a super easy, super yummy recipe. The lime really sits well with the salmon. 

The original recipe has a bunch of nonsense about bell peppers. You can see the original here

I put my salmon in the oven at / about 375F for about 10 minutes. I try very hard to not over cook salmon. I like it well done, but not jerky-like. 

Sheet Pan Chili Lime Salmon
Recipe from CafeDelites

Serves 4

  • 1/2 c freshly squeezed lime juice (or juice of 2 limes)
  • 1/4 c fresh chopped parsley
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 T water
  • 1 T minced garlic (or 4 crushed garlic cloves)
  • 1 1/2 tsp red chili flakes (adjust to your preference of spice)
  • 1 tsp ground Cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 T honey
  • 4 salmon fillets (wild caught if possible)
  • 1 onion , cut into wedges

Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Spray a baking sheet tray with cooking oil spray; set aside.

Whisk lime juice, parsley, olive oil, water, garlic, chili flakes, cumin, salt and parsley together to combine. Add the honey and whisk again until the honey runs smooth through the rest of the ingredients. Arrange the salmon fillets, and onion in a single layer on the prepared baking tray; and pour over half of the marinade. Toss onion to coat; and rotate the salmon to coat in the marinade.

Broil / grill about 10 minutes and the salmon is cooked to your liking. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with lime wedges and remaining marinade for added flavor. 

No comments: