Sunday, January 3, 2021

Broccoli Salad with Cheese and Bacon (Recipe 2 of 125)

I'm trying to plan better for my weekly lunches. AND I need to eat more broccoli (blood thinner stuff). So when this recipe showed up in the random selection I figured it was perfect. 

I didn't change much with this recipe. I couldn't find no sugar bacon, so I just went with what I had. I did include the onion, but made it a red onion (Side Note: did you know if you cut a red onion in half and let it soak in a bowl of cold water for 15-30 minutes, it take out all the "sting" from the red onion?)

I also didn't cook my broccoli before. I like raw broccoli and as it sits in the dressing it'll get "soft". 

Broccoli Salad with Cheese and Bacon

Recipe from Low Carb Yum
Serves 6

  • 1 bunch fresh broccoli , cut in small pieces
  • 3/4 c mayonnaise
  • 2 T apple cider vinegar
  • 3 stevia packets
  • 6 slices no sugar bacon , cooked crisp then chopped
  • 1/2 c cheddar cheese , grated
  • 1/4 c onion , chopped (optional)
  • 1/4 c roasted sunflower seeds (optional)

Lightly steam broccoli for a minute or two. Drain and cool.

In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise, vinegar and stevia with a whisk.

Toss the broccoli and cheddar cheese into the dressing.

No comments: