![]() |
| Photo from Oh Sweet Basil |
When pesto is the star of the show, though, it needs to bring some serious flavor. This is one of those recipes where homemade pesto really makes a difference. Normally, I keep bags of homemade pesto tucked away in the freezer, but I haven’t made any yet this year—and, of course, I was completely out.
I chose this recipe mostly because I happened to have a jar of pesto in the fridge. I originally bought it for a dip where the pesto was more of a supporting character. For that, it worked just fine. But as the main flavor in this dish? Not so much.
The jarred pesto just didn’t have enough punch. It was missing that fresh, bold basil-and-garlic flavor I expect from pesto, and without that, the whole dish fell a little flat.
So, lesson learned: if pesto is going to be the star, make sure you’re using a pesto that deserves the spotlight. Homemade would definitely be my first choice here.
- 2 Chicken Breasts, large, butterflied and separated to create 4 thin breasts
- Homemade Pesto

No comments:
Post a Comment