For the longest time, I struggled to cook rice on the stove. That classic long-grain rice ratio of 2 cups water to 1 cup rice? It NEVER worked for me.
Then I switched to basmati rice, and let me tell you—I make flawless rice every time.
I’ve had this recipe saved for several years but never made it because, honestly, my rice-making skills were questionable at best. But tonight, I decided it would be the perfect side for the Chicken Shawarma Meatballs I made.
And wow. It was perfect!
I made one small adjustment to the recipe: I used 1 cup basmati rice to 1¼ cups water, and the result was fluffy, perfectly cooked rice every single time.
I completely forgot to add the garlic, but honestly? I didn’t even miss it.
This one is definitely going into the regular rotation. It’s easy, delicious, and when you can get perfect rice every time, that’s a win-win in my book!
- 1 c long grain rice
- 3 T cooking oil
- 1/3 c onion; finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 T chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 c water

No comments:
Post a Comment