Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Cucumber Hummus Bites

Another month. Another book club. My course to provide was appetizers this time. Kathy was hosting which meant Rowland would be there. And since he too had the big D and we're both trying to eat low carb, low Glycemic, low everything, I thought an appetizer that was on the healthier side would be better. 

I "tested" this appetizer earlier in the week and OH...My... GAWD! I've found myself a new snack. I think I might survive without my chips. 

These little discs of goodness are best served as cold as possible on a hot day, which was what we kinda had. The little bite size treat is a delicious combination of crisp cucs, creamy hummus (I use Boarshead), salty kalamata olives, fresh tomatoes and finishing with feta.


This week I also used Persian cucs. Sliced them lengthwise. Carve out the center seeds. Fill that trough with hummus, then sprinkle the olives, tomatoes and feta. Then eat them like a pickle. So good. 


Cucumber Hummus Bites
Recipe from Noshingwiththenolands.com
Serves 4
  • 1 English cucumber sliced
  • ½ c hummus  
  • Kalamata olives (I added this to the recipe)
  • 9 cherry tomatoes cut in half
  • ¼ c feta cheese crumbled
  • Fresh parsley to Taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Wash and dry the cucumber and tomatoes.

Slice the cucumber lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp.

Dice the kalamata olives and tomatoes in small dice. 

Spread hummus on the cucumber boats. Sprinkle with tomatoes, Kalamata, parsley and feta.

No comments: