Friday, July 26, 2024

Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette

Photo from 
The-girl-who-ate-everything.com
When asparagus is in season I eat a lot of it. Lately it's been in the produce area at a reasonable price so I'm still buying it to cook. 

Eating so much asparagus you get I get bored with my same sauté with seasoning. Boring. So when I saw this recipe I thought it might be good. 

And I was right. I'd actually blend this next time to emulsify it better. I think it will stick to the asparagus better.

Asparagus with Dijon Vinaigrette
Recipe from The-girl-who-ate-everything.com

Serves 4
  • 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
  • 2 T red wine vinegar
  • 1 T extra virgin olive oil
  • kosher salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed off

In a medium bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar and 1 tbsp oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

In a large skillet, sauté asparagus in a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Transfer asparagus to a serving dish and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Can be served warm or chilled.

No comments: