Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Chicken and Stuffing Casserole

Its a cold, snowy day today in the Pacific Northwest. I hate the snow. It makes me cold and makes me think about comfort food. Good thing this recipe was on the rotating menu. 

This recipe was good. No need to salt anything in this dish though. I think the stuffing mix has enough. I added a pinch and it was a little too salty for me. (My BFF would have loved it). 

I wouldn't make this again, but only because I have WAY too many new recipes to try. This recipe was easy to throw together and would feed a bunch of people. I bet the leftovers are good too. We'll find out tomorrow on that one.


Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
Recipe from Cincyshopper.com
Serves 4

6 oz Stuffing Mix
1 1/4 c hot Water
1/2 c Milk
10.5 oz Cream of Chicken Soup
2 c Chicken cooked and diced
12 oz frozen Mixed Vegetables thawed
1/4 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 400.

Grease a casserole dish (9x13" or equivalent) and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine stuffing mix and hot water. Set aside.

In another bowl, add soup and milk. Whisk to combine.

Add chicken, vegetables, salt and pepper.

Stir and add to prepared casserole dish.

Top with stuffing mixture.

Bake 25-30 minutes or until filling is bubbling and topping is browned.

No comments: