Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Breakfast Cookies

Breakfast is the hardest meal for me to plan. I get stuck in a rut of things to eat and then I get bored. I've
been eating cheese and apples for months now and decided to mix it up some. 


Today I made these breakfast cookies. The are super easy to make. In fact, I made them between meetings today. 

I used chocolate chips this round, but that made them a littler sweeter than I like. I would make them again with some nuts and fresh blue berries or something similar. Don't get me wrong, they are delicious. 

I only got 6 cookies out of this batch. I think I may have made them too big. No matter, I only was able to eat half because they are too sweet for breakfast. 


Breakfast Cookies
Recipe from Yellow Bliss Road
Makes 12 cookies
  • 2 large brown bananas
  • 1 c peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
  • 1/4 c maple syrup or honey
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 c old-fashioned oats or quick oats
  • 1/2 c chocolate chips or your favorite mix-ins - like dried cranberries, fresh blueberries or raisins

Preheat the oven to 325F degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.

In a large bowl, mash the bananas.

Mix together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, vanilla extract and cinnamon until smooth.

Stir in the oats and chocolate chips. The dough will be very sticky and wet.

Form the dough into balls with about ⅓ - ¼ cup of batter each and place on the lined cookie sheets. Flatten them down slightly (they won't spread as they bake).

Bake in the preheated oven for 14-18 minutes, or until the tops are set.

Cool on the cookie sheets fully.

No comments: