Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Easy Roasted Green Beans

Photo from Baking Mischief
There are very few veggies I like, that aren't carbalicious. That makes it hard to try to eat more veggies.
 
Green beans are on the list of like. I prefer the French green beans (skinny ones) over regular green beans. I couldn't really tell you why other than it's a textual thing I think. 

This recipe is super easy and very basic. In fact, I am almost embarrassed to count this as a new recipe. What's different than how I normally make green beans is the garlic powder. I had no idea that adding something as simple as that would make these go from meh to yummy. 

I also topped them with some grated parmesan cheese. That could have helped too.


Easy Roasted Green Beans
Recipe from Baking Mischief
Serves 4
  • 1 pound fresh green beans washed, dried, and trimmed
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (approximately)

Preheat your oven to 425°F.

In a bowl or on a baking sheet, toss green beans with olive oil. Spread beans in a single layer on baking sheet.

Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Bake for 8 minutes and shake pan a couple of times.

Bake for an additional 4 to 6 minutes, until green beans are tender-crisp or reach your desired level of doneness.

Serve and enjoy!

No comments: