Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Almond Flour, Garlic, Parmesan Chicken

Tonight I made up my own recipe. I took it from a recent recipe I read that had the same concept but with fish and with panko. I'm trying to eat a little healthier so almond flour seemed like a good alternative. And I was right. 

This recipe really gets its flavor from the butter in the dish and the parmesan, garlic mixture you put on top. It gets crispy in the oven. 

The mixture adheres to the chicken by using mayo. It adds to the moisture of the chicken and does a great job of keeping the parmesan/garlic mixture attached.

I put this along side of baked green beans with the leftover parmesan cheese on top. 

Almond Flour, Garlic, Parmesan Chicken
Recipe from... ME!
Serves 1
  • 1 package chicken tenders; trimmed
  • 2 T butter
  • 2 T Almond Flour
  • 2 T Parmesan cheese; grated
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced fine (I used jarred garlic so it wasn't so potent)
  • 2 T mayonnaise
  • Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400F. When it's heated, put the 2 T butter in a Pyrex baking dish and put that into the oven as it preheats. You want the butter hot for putting the chicken in later. 

In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, parmesan and garlic. 

With each trimmed chicken tender, brush mayo over the top only. Press it into the almond flour, parmesan garlic mixture. Set aside. 

When the butter is melted and the oven heated, put each chicken tender in the dish with the almond flour mixture on top. 

Cook until chicken is done.


No comments: