Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Chinese Hamburger

Tonight I'm trying a recipe from Mom's Gray Recipe box. This one I was amused at just based on the spelling of "soup" as "soap". The back of the card Barb White. I have no idea who that is or how long this recipe was in Mom's recipe file. 



The recipe doesn't say what temperature to cook it so I guessed 350F. That turned out ok. It was very done and the rice was cooked through. 

I also realized as I was eating it and looking at the recipe that I completely forgot to put the celery in. I cut it and everything. Sheesh. It would have been way better with celery. 

Chinese Hamburger
Recipe from Mom's Gray Recipe box
Serves - I have no idea
  • 1 1/2 lbs hamburger
  • 2 onions, diced
  • 2 c celery, diced
  • 1/2 c uncooked rice
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
  • 1 1/2 soup can water
  • 1/4 c soy sauce
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 8 oz Chinese Fried Noodles

Fry burger and onions. Sauté in the celery and cook it slightly. 

Drain off any fat/liquid. Mix in the cans of soup, rice, soy sauce, and water. 

Put in a baking dish and bake at 350F for 1 hour covered.

Uncover it, cover with Chinese fried noodles and bake for another 15 minutes. 

No comments: