Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Spicy Bourbon Bbq Steak Kabobs

Photo from
Kitchen Fun with me 3 Sons
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I'm a sucker for steak on Valentine's Day for some reason. Dad used to cook Mom up a steak on VD so I guess maybe that's why I do it. I'm not a sucker for VD though. Hate the holiday personally. 

This recipe take a little planning. You need to make the BBQ sauce ahead of time and let it cool. The BBQ sauce was good. It needed a bit more spice and a bit more sweet for me. I added an extra T of brown sugar as it was cooking down. When it was done I added another 1/2 Tablespoon of red pepper flakes. Follow the recipe and taste as you go. Adjust as you like. 

I didn't kebab these either. Oddly. I almost always kebab meats when grilling. But I found a nice NY strip steak at the store and it just screamed to stay as a steak. 


Spicy Bourbon Bbq Steak Kabobs
Recipe from Kitchen Fun with me 3 Sons
Serves 5

  • 2 pounds sirloin steak cut in 1-inch cubes
  • 1 red bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
  • 1 orange bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
  • 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
  • 1 green bell pepper seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
  • 1 red onion cut in 1-inch pieces
  • 4 T brown sugar bourbon seasoning

BBQ Sauce ingredients:
  • 1 c whiskey
  • 1 c finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 ½ c ketchup
  • 2 T tomato paste
  • 1 T crushed red pepper
  • 2 T balsamic vinegar
  • 4 T molasses
  • 1/8 c Worcestershire sauce
  • ½ tsp liquid smoke

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the BBQ sauce ingredients.

Pour your BBQ mixture in a small saucepan on medium heat.

Cook for 20 min. stirring often.

Store in an airtight container.

Directions to make Spicy Bourbon BBQ Steak Kabobs

Thread your meat onto the skewers alternating with pieces of bell peppers and onion.

Place the kabobs in a casserole dish or a foil lined baking pan.

Season the kabobs with the bourbon seasoning.

Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.

Turn the heat on medium.

Grill kebabs, turning often, until all sides of the meat is well brown and vegetables are tender.

Cook for 12 to 14 minutes.

Coat your kabobs with the bbq sauce and cook for additional 4 minutes.

Enjoy!!


No comments: