Thursday, January 18, 2024

Smothered Baked Pork Chops

Photo from Lauren's Latest
Pork! The other white meat. I don't eat enough pork (or fish) and so I am trying to include them each
week. It won't last long, but I'm trying. 

This wasn't my favorite recipe. It was just ok. I didn't add the rosemary because I'm not a fan of rosemary. That may make a difference, but I really don't think it will. 

I can't really put my finger on what I didn't like about this. Maybe I got the wrong kind of pork chop and a thinner one would have been better? Who knows?

Give it a try and let me know if you liked it. 

Smothered Baked Pork Chops
Recipe from Lauren's Latest

Serves 4
  • 2 pounds pork chops* bone in
  • 1/4 c Dijon mustard
  • 1 tsp fresh rosemary
  • 1 T garlic minced
  • 5 T honey
  • 2 T salted butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place pork chops into baking pan.

In a small bowl stir dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic, honey and butter together. Microwave 30 seconds to 1 minute or until butter has melted completely.

Pour half the sauce overtop pork chops, and spread using the back of a spoon.

Turn and spread the remaining sauce overtop. Bake 25-30 minutes or until baked to 150-160 degreed Fahrenheit.

Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest 10 minutes. Serve warm.

No comments: