Sunday, January 21, 2024

Guinness Glaze Chicken Sandwich

Photo from Will
Cook for Smiles
I have a few recipes that seem a bit too "fancy" to make for just myself. It's not that I don't think I'm worth it, but rather I think it'll be so amazing I want to share the experience with someone else. 

This was one of those recipes. I knew it was going to be unbelievably amazing and I wanted someone else to think so too. Enter Janet. She was over for planning for our next vacation (and some scrapbooking) and I made this sandwich.

First, the Guinness glaze! Oh lord. It's bold, sweet, sticky, and oh so delicious. Cooking it down takes patience. I actually took it too far so it wasn't so drippy, but still tasted amazing. Watch it though. You look away and it'll burn. It goes from soupy to glaze-y in a blink of an eye. 

The recipe itself doesn't discuss how to do the sautéed mushrooms, but I'm sure you can find a recipe on the Interweb if you want to add them. The sandwich was fine with bacon, cheese, chicken and I added crunchy onions to the top of it. Yum!



Guinness Glaze Chicken Sandwich
Recipe from Will Cook for Smiles

Serves 4

Guinness Glaze:
  • 1 1/2 c Guinness stout
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • 4 T brown sugar
  • 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 T honey
  • salt to taste

Chicken Sandwich:
Grilled Chicken breast
  • 3 slices crispy bacon
  • Red Onion
  • Sauteed Mushrooms
  • 2 slices Provolone cheese
  • 2 T Guinness Glaze

Guinness glaze: Combine all the ingredients for glaze in a sauce pot and set the heat to medium. Whisk the mixture with a silicone whisk until combined. Keep slowly whisking until sugar is dissolved.

Let it simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25-30 minutes. It will reduce in half. Raise the temperature to medium-high and boil for about 30 seconds. Stir and take it off heat. (Don't worry, it will thicken more as it cools.)

Sandwich: Grill the chicken and add a little glaze when it's almost done. Sauté the chicken in glaze until fully cooked.

Build the sandwich and pour a little extra glaze between the chicken and cheese.

No comments: