Monday, August 21, 2023

Steak Fingers (111 of 150)

Pretty much anything fried I'm on board for. That's how I've kept my girlish figure. Though lately, trying to eat "healthier", fried foods aren't really something I make (or try to eat). In fact, I'm horrible at frying foods. I usually have my oil too hot. 

Tonight I made these "Steak Fingers". I actually fried them successfully. I kept my oil temp nice and even so I didn't burn everything. 

This was an ok recipe. Not a hard recipe and is barely a recipe. I added season salt to the flour and completely missed adding lemon pepper. I thought I had some, but did not. So sad. 

I don't see any reason to make this again. It's a good recipe, but one I can just say I've done. So many more recipes to try.

I served this along side a tomato salad that I'll make again for sure. Read all about it here.



Steak Fingers
Recipe from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Serves 4

1 pound boneless beef top round steak, tenderized
1 tsp tsp salt
1/2 c buttermilk
1 c all-purpose flour
1/4 c vegetable oil

Place the steak between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to ¼-inch thickness.

Cut the steak into strips. Season with lemon pepper and salt.

Drip the strips into the buttermilk and dredge in the flour.

Heat 2 tbsp. of the oil on a skillet over medium heat. Add half of the strips and brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining strips.

Serve hot.

No comments: