Monday, August 21, 2023

Sliced-Tomato Salad with Dill Pickle Relish Vinaigrette (112 of 150)

It's tomato season. I've been dying to get a tomato that actually tastes like a tomato and isn't all gross inside. I have yet to find one. 

This week I decided to go ahead and spend the $$ for heirloom tomatoes. I found a veggie stand not that far from my house a couple of weeks ago and bought my heirlooms from them. And surprisingly not as expensive as I thought. 

This is a refreshing recipe. It's delicious. The brine from the dill pickle relish really makes the dish. It's just dill enough without being too dill. 

I served this along Steak Fingers that you can find the recipe for here

Sliced-Tomato Salad with Dill Pickle Relish Vinaigrette
Recipe from Real Simple

Serves 4
  • ¼ c olive oil
  • ⅓ c  dill pickle relish
  • 1 T fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
  • 1 tsp honey
  • ½ tsp smoked paprika
  • ¼ tsp kosher salt
  • ¼ tsp black pepper
  • 1 ½ pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored and sliced (about 2 large)
  • 1 c thinly sliced English cucumber 
  • ⅓ c roughly torn mixed tender herbs (such as basil and dill)
  • flaky sea salt (optional)

Whisk together olive oil, relish, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Arrange tomato and cucumber slices on a platter. 

Drizzle vinaigrette over tomatoes and cucumbers; sprinkle with herbs and, if desired, sea salt.

No comments: