Saturday, August 26, 2023

Beef and Noodles (114 of 150)

Janet was over to go over our Portugal trip and I promised to make dinner. In hindsight I should have made something Portuguese. Ah well.

Beef and Noodles recipes usually use a packet of Brown Gravy. I think that stuff tastes weird and so I rarely make those recipes. THIS recipe however, will go into the favorite box. 

This recipe is basically a stroganoff, but my god was it good. The cream of mushroom soup with roasted garlic made this recipe. Where has that been all my life? 

The instructions say to add a dollop of sour cream on the meal before serving. I added about 3/4 c into the mixture with the noodles and beef. I'm glad I did. It was delicious. 


Beef and Noodles
Recipe from The Southern Lady Cooks

Serves 8
  • 1 2 lb beef chuck roast
  • 2 10.5 ounce cans of cream of mushroom with roasted garlic undiluted
  • 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
  • 1 12 ounce package of egg noodles
  • Sour cream to garnish

Place beef chuck roast, cream of mushroom with roasted garlic and dry onion mix in a slow cooker. 

Cook on high for 5 hours or low 7-8 hours. 

Shred beef. 

Make egg noodles according to package, drain and then add to roast and gravy. Mix well. Serve garnished with a little sour cream

No comments: