Sunday, August 27, 2023

No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream (115 of 150)

Photo from Food52
I'm very into making ice cream this year. Its so easy to do and yet I have not been able to master it in
any way. I've tried several failed low carb versions. I've tried some so-so low carb ones too. THIS recipe is not low carb, but it could be. 

I have another recipe to make low carb sweetened condensed milk. It takes time and patience and we all know how much patience I have. 

In the spirit of just trying a new recipe, I decided to make this one. I did NOT follow the directions because I have an ice cream maker and I decided to use that instead of the directions. I think, in the end, the results are the same. 

I'd make this again in a heart beat. Super easy and I can think of so many variants to this. Nutella, Swap kahlua with Irish cream; add peanut butter (using another liquor  of course)


No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream
Recipe from Food52

Serves 4 to 6
  • 3/4 c sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/4 c liqueur of choice (see author notes)
  • 1/3 c plus 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1 c heavy cream, super cold

Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, liqueur, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl until combined. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.

Gently fold all the whipped cream in the cocoa mixture. Pour the mixture in a container and let it freeze overnight. Serve it as soon as you pull it out of the freezer—it will be nice and scoopable. Bonus points if you serve it in a frozen bowl. Don’t let it sit at room temperature for too long, it will start melting fast.

No comments: