Monday, August 14, 2023

Korean Style Pork Chops (107 of 150)


It's hot here. Like hot hot. So I am not going to turn on my stove or oven for any reason. I grilled
these chops instead of baking them. First, I'm not a fan of baking meats when I can grill them. And second, it's too damn hot to have the oven on for any length of time. 

These were good. I think they need to marinade more than what this recipe says. I marinaded the chops for about an hour and it needed to be longer still. The marinade is really flavorful and I wish there was more in the chop. 

Also, since I grilled them, I should have kept some of the marinade aside to dip the chop in or baste the chop in. 

At the end of the day, it was a good recipe. 

Korean Style Pork Chops
Recipe from Jo Cooks

Serves 4

  • 4 pork chops (boneless)
  • 1 T olive oil
  • ¼ c soy sauce
  • 2 T honey
  • 4 cloves garlic (minced)
  • 1 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp ginger (minced)
  • 2 tsp gochujang (red chili paste) or sriracha
  • black pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.

In a medium size bowl whisk together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and gochujang. Pour over pork chops and let marinade for about 20 minutes.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet for medium high heat. Add pork chops, without marinade, and cook for about 5 minutes for the first side, or until it gets a nice brownish color. Flip the pork chops and pour the remaining marinade over them. Cook another 5 min on this side.

Place the skillet in the oven to finish cooking them. Roast for about 10 minutes, or until pork chops are completely cooked through.

No comments: