Thursday, August 17, 2023

Chocolate Keto Frosty Low Carb Shake (108 of 150)

Its still hot here in Seattle. I needed a treat that was cold and not full of calories. I realized that I didn't exactly follow the recipe when I made this. I'm not sure why, maybe I assumed. 

I mixed all the ingredients together in a Bullet blender. I find that helps break down the cocoa powder and the sugar so it's not gritty. 

After I zipped it, I put it in an ice cream maker. I bought a single server ice cream maker and it really does the trick. After running it for 20 minutes, the texture was like a frosty. 

I added a tablespoon of Kahlua to it too so it wouldn't freeze rock solid and gave it a little flavor.

Chocolate Keto Frosty Low Carb Shake
Recipe from Low Carb Yum

Serves 1
  • 6 T heavy whipping cream
  • 5 T unsweetened almond milk
  • ⅛ tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
  • 2 T cocoa powder
  • 1 ½ tsp Truvia or 2 T equivalent sugar substitute

Start whipping cream with mixer until soft peaks form.

Slowly add remaining ingredients.

Continue beating until stiffer peaks form.

Put mixture in freezer.

After 20 minutes, remove from freezer and stir with fork to break up frozen areas around edges.

Keep checking mix every 20 minutes and stir until it’s cold enough and the right consistency.

No comments: