Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger (116 of 150)

Red Robin is one of the places that I think has good burgers. When I go I either order the Bacon Burger with Cheese or the Whisky River BBQ Burger. Though, every time I order it, they get my order wrong. 

See, I don't like veggies on my burgers. So I ask to hold the lettuce and tomato. For some reason that translates to the kitchen staff to also leave off the BBQ sauce. It happens more often then getting my order right. 

This burger I controlled what went on my burger. It had all the hallmarks of the WR BBQ Burger...beef, American cheese, fried onions and BBQ sauce. I cheated though and bought BBQ sauce. 



Copycat Red Robin Whiskey River BBQ Burger
Recipe from Love Bakes Good Cakes

Serves 6
  • 2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
  • Oil, for brushing on burgers
  • 6 seeded hamburger buns
  • 12 T mayonnaise
  • Onion Rings - Thin & Crispy
  • Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce
  • 6 slices Cheddar cheese
  • 12 slices tomato
  • 2 c chopped lettuce

While the grill preheats, divide and shape the ground beef into 6 patties. Brush the burgers lightly with oil.

Grill the burgers until browned and slightly charred on the first side (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the burgers over and continue to cook until desired doneness - about 4 minutes for medium-rare, longer for a more done burger. Drizzle burgers with Bourbon Whiskey BBQ Sauce and place one slice of cheese on each burger. Cook an additional minute or until the cheese just begins to melt. Remove from the heat and set aside while you assemble the burgers.

To assemble the burger, spread the cut side of both parts of the bun with 1 tbsp. mayonnaise on each half. Place Onion Rings on top of the cut side of the bottom bun portion. Add the burger with sauce and cheese. Top with tomatoes and lettuce. Replace the top bun over the top of the sandwich. Serve!


No comments: