Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Sweet Heat Chicken (19 of 150)

Sweet heat indeed! I think my mouth is still confused. I like the sweet and savory combination and I think I expected that from this recipe. 

I'm not sure what drew me to this recipe when I found it on the interwebs. When I put the marinade together today I kept thinking I better have a back up meal planned because this was just weird. 

Hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce? It made me think of a throw back to BBQ shrimp from New Orleans. Bottom line, this recipe was awesome! Awesome. It's a perfect flavor combination. Super easy marinade to throw together and most people have these ingredients in their pantry. 

The hot sauce part of this recipe I didn't think through ahead of time. I should have bought something like Frank's. Instead I used El Tapatio, which was fine in my opinion. Franks would give a different flavor profile for sure. Tabasco would be too vinegar-y I think, I'd stay away from that.


Sweet Heat Chicken
Recipe from Plain Chicken
Serves 4

1 c hot sauce
¼ c Worcestershire sauce
2 T white vinegar
2 T minced onion
2 T minced garlic
2 T olive oil
6 T brown sugar (I used Swerve Low Carb Brown Sugar as a replacement)
2 pounds chicken tenders

Whisk together first 7 ingredients. Pour over chicken and refrigerate for 4 hours, up to overnight.

Remove chicken from marinade and grill until done, approximately 4 minutes per side.

No comments: