Thursday, February 16, 2023

Carne Asada Marinade (27 of 150)

Carne asada recipes are a dime a dozen. Every cooking blog I follow seems to have one or two. I, myself, have 9 recipes that involve carne asada in some way. 


I am always looking for that perfect carne asada recipe that makes it taste like it does in the restaurant. And I'm starting to think it's like the DoDo Bird...it doesn't exist.

It hit me tonight that instead of trying to find "THE" recipe, just keep going out for carne asada and be happy when you do. 

That being said, I'm still going to make these recipes because you never know. 

This recipe was easy and delicious. I used tritip because that's what I had in the freezer. I cut it in cubes and skewered it. I did add salt to the recipe because I used low sodium soy sauce and sometimes it needs a little something. 

I marinaded the beef for 3 hours and I feel like that was the right amount of time. 


 Carne Asada Marinade
Recipe from Baking Mischief

Serves 4

Marinade
  • 1/2 c orange juice bottled is fine
  • 1/2 c soy sauce low-sodium is fine
  • 1/4 c lemon juice bottled is fine
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 2 T lime juice bottled is fine
  • 2 cloves garlic pressed or diced
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp ground chipotle chili pepper OR 1 tsp finely chopped, canned chipotle pepper optional
  • 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped, about 3/4-1 cup very loosely packed

Combine and stir together all marinade ingredients. Transfer meat into a large plastic bag or container and pour marinade over the top. Marinate for at least 4 hours, up to about 24, flipping the meat once halfway through.

Heat grill to medium-high heat and cook to your desired doneness.

No comments: