Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Roasted Cauliflower (Low Carb) (21 of 150)

Photo from Kicking Keto
You know I've learned that cauliflower is often a love or hate kind of vegetable. If I polled my friends I'm sure half would make a face and half would love it. 

I have to like cauliflower. At least, cooked. Not a fan of raw cauliflower. I don't cook it as much as I'd like. More often I buy it and it sits in the fridge and starts stinking the place so I have to toss it. 

But this time I made sure I used it. I'm trying to eat healthier and so I have to really expand my vegetables. Especially low carb ones. 

This recipe was yummy. I have a feeling it'll make the rotation. I wasn't sure about the mayo Dijon combo, but it turned out to be delicious. And what isn't good with parmesan cheese, butter and lemon? I mean, really. As with every time I use I use parmesan I highly recommend NOT using the pre-shredded. Get a block and shred it yourself. It melts so much better.


Roasted Cauliflower (Low Carb)
Recipe from Kicking Carbs
Serves 6

1 head cauliflower
1/3 c mayonnaise
1 T Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper
2 T butter melted
1/4 c fresh grated Parmesan
1 T lemon juice
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 420 degrees.

Cut cauliflower into florets and place in a large bowl.

In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour the mayonnaise over the cauliflower and toss to combine.

Spread in a single layer on a roasting pan or on an oven safe cooling rack sitting on a cookie sheet.

Cook for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until tender.

Transfer to a bowl. Top with melted butter, Parmesan, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir and serve warm.

In case you're keeping track:
Calories: 161kcal
Carbohydrates: 5g
Protein: 4g
Fiber: 2g

No comments: