Thursday, February 2, 2023

Cheddar Green Olive Dip (15 of 150)

Photo from Dinners, Dishes
and Desserts
As a kid, my Grandma Spaid used to give me a half of a bagel with cream cheese smeared on it and then topped with chopped green olives. Mom ate it too. And now, as an adult, I've had it on occasion. It's one of those things that I crave. Eat it for a week and then I'm done.

This recipe took that simple cream cheese and olives to the next level.

I made this for book club and there were leftovers. Today, instead of crackers, I stuffed some left over celery with it...oh man. That was tasty. I also think using this with carrots, or GAH, on an apple slice! 


Cheddar Green Olive Dip
Recipe from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
Serves 8
  • 1 (8 oz) block of cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat is fine)
  • 1/2 c mayo, (I used light)
  • 1 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 1 clove garlic, grated
  • 1 (7oz) jar STAR Pimiento Stuffed Manzanilla Spanish Olives, drained and coarsely chopped


In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients. Mix until everything is evenly distributed. Pour into an air tight container. Let set for at least 3 hours before serving.

Serve with crackers either hot or cold.

No comments: