Monday, July 18, 2022

Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken (Recipe 92 of 150)

Tonight I broke in the new grill. I didn't really want to because it was so clean and shiny! But alas, my need for grilled meat won over my need for bright and shiny grill. 

I wasn't sure what to expect from this recipe. All the ingredients are things I love, especially sweet chili sauce. There isn't much heat to sweet chili sauce. Just enough for you to know it's there, but not enough to make you mouth numb. 

I cut the chicken into cubes (as I do) and marinated them for 5 hours. I think for this recipe it's important to marinate for an extended period of time. It is, after all, infusing flavor in that boring chicken. 

I'd make this again. It might be a candidate for the Kebab Sunday dinner in August. 

Sweet Chili Grilled Chicken
Recipe from Averie Cooks

Serves 4

  • 1 c sweet chili sauce
  • 1/4 c low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 2 T lemon juice
  • 1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
  • 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
  • 1  pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
To a large zip top plastic bag, add the sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, chicken, seal bag, and squish the contents around so chicken is evenly coated.

Place bag in the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour (overnight is great if you can plan ahead).

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken, optional bell peppers, and grill for about 10 minutes, or until chicken (and peppers) are cooked through; flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.

No comments: