Thursday, July 21, 2022

Pork Chop Marinade (Recipe 95 of 150)

I was just chatting with my niece and I mentioned this wasn't a great recipe. She asked me why. When I told her it really came down to too much soy and not enough other flavors, her response, "That's why we try recipes. Some work. Some don't. " Or wait, maybe I said that. 

At any rate, this one seems like it's like all the other recipes I tried, but it really wasn't that great. I marinated the pork chop (not bone in BTW) for 5 hours. Maybe that was too long for pork. I really don't know. I do know I won't be trying this recipe again. On to the next.


Pork Chop Marinade
Recipe from Real House Moms

Serves 4

4 Bone-in pork chops
For the Marinade:
1/3 c Soy sauce
1 T Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cloves Garlic minced
2 T Brown sugar
2 T Olive oil
1 T Lemon juice
1/4 tsp Black pepper

Mix marinade ingredients in a dish.

Place pork chops in a large plastic zip-lock bag. Pour in about 3/4 of the marinade. The remaining is for basting the pork chops during cooking. Squeeze out excess air and then place in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.

Cook on a grill or in a pan at medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 145°F. Baste after flipping the chops and after removing from the grill.

When done place on a plate and tent with foil. Let rest 3-5 minutes and then serve.

No comments: