Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Bread Machine Sour Cream and Vanilla Bread (Recipe 94 of 150)

I've been trying to clean out my pantry a little. I got a bunch of stuff that's being "stored" in the pantry that has to go. I'm not keen on storing stuff. I like to buy what I need and use it. Occasionally, I buy stuff for a recipe and not make the recipe. It's a lot making new recipes every night, and sometimes I just don't wanna. 

So I had some left over bread flour that I wanted to use. And I had some sour cream to use up. This recipe fit the bill.

Y'all...I was assuming this bread would be a little sweet and it so is not. It turned out fluffy and gorgeous. It's so good. It has the right balance of everything. 

I do realize its not a healthy bread. But it's healthier than any bread I'd buy in the store. So if I'm going to eat bread, why not make a smaller loaf and something where YOU control the ingredients. 

Bread Machine Sour Cream and Vanilla Bread
Recipe from Big Oven
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 T vanilla
  • 1/3 c sour cream
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T butter or margarine ; softened
  • 3 c Better for Bread flour
  • 3 T sugar
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp bread machine or quick active dry yeast

Measure carefully, placing all ingredients in bread machine pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.

Select Sweet or Basic/White cycle. Use Light crust color. Do not use delay cycle. Remove baked bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.

No comments: