Thursday, July 14, 2022

Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi (Recipe 90 of 150)

I bought a bag of shrimp for the appetizers I made for book club. And I had some left, so now I need to put shrimp into the rotation for a couple of weeks. Shrimpees are delicious. I haven't cooked them much and I really don't know why. They are so quick and easy to cook. 

This recipe has three words in the title that are among my favorites. Garlic.  Butter.  Shrimp. You throws those bad boys together with some lemon juice and you have yourself a delectable meal. That's right. I used the word delectable.

The other advantage of cooking shrimp is it drives the demons crazy. They can smell it and want to devour it. Which means I cannot leave it on the counter to thaw. 

I'd make this recipe again. Shrimp are easy to cook (just don't over cook them), quick to cook and are delicious. Oh and it's low carb! What more could you want?

Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
Recipe from Damn Delicious

Serves 4
  • 1/2 c unsalted butter, cubed
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 medium shallot, minced
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3 T chopped fresh parsley leaves
  • 1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 2 tsp lemon zest

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.

Add shrimp; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.

Stir in parsley, lemon juice and lemon zest.

Serve immediately.

No comments: