Friday, July 8, 2022

Marinated Steak Bites (Recipe 87 of 150)

I really wanted to like this recipe. And I think it can be a good recipe. The problem I had was the dried herbs you use in the marinade, obviously it sticks to the meat, burnt in the frying pan. That put off a not so pleasant taste. 

As I said, I think this can be a good recipe. If I had my druthers I would have grilled them, but the darn grill is broken. Gonna have to go shopping. 


Marinated Steak Bites
Recipe from I am Baker

Serves 4

16 ounces top sirloin or ribeye steak cut into 1-inch cubes

MARINADE
  • 1/2 c soy sauce
  • 1/3 c olive oil
  • 1/8 c Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic minced
  • 2 T dried basil
  • 1 T dried parsley
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • 1 tsp salt

Place all ingredients except the steak in a large bowl or ziplock bag. Stir to combine.

Drop in steak pieces and seal (or cover bowl) for about 30 minutes. (I like it right at 15 minutes, but you can do as much as overnight)

Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. (You want it hot) Remove steak pieces from marinade and place in hot skillet. Discard remaining marinade.

Cook for 1 minute then flip each piece and cook an additional minute. That is for medium steaks, so cook longer if you prefer yours well done.

Serve hot.

No comments: