Friday, August 21, 2020

Parmesan Chicken and Rice Casserole

 RECIPE FAIL!!! Big time. 

The recipe sounds delicious. But I cheated and took shortcuts when I knew I shouldn't. 

The first is I cut the receipt in half...not a fail for sure, but I sometimes think cutting recipes in half they just don't turn out as good. 

The second is I dislike rice in a bag, or minute rice. I had a couple of cups of minute rice (brown and white) so decided to use that instead of the rice in a bag. Usually when rice in a bag, or minute rice is called for I just make rice. It's not that hard. 

But I caved. I wanted to use the things I had in my pantry. Blech. One of the cups of white rice smelled funny. Like vinegar-y. So I tossed it. One cup of the brown rice also smelled funny. So I got one cup of white and one cup of brown. Bad combo. 

I may try this again, but unlikely. I have so many recipes to try that unless it's FANTASTIC its not likely I'll make it again. 

Parmesan Chicken and Rice Casserole
Recipe from My Recipes

No comments: