Monday, August 31, 2020

Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes & Burrata

 I can almost remember the first time I tried a Caprese Salad. It was in Italy, of course, and I believe it was like one of the first trips to Italy in high school. I fell in love immediately. 

This time of year, this type of salad is on my mind a lot. With fresh tomatoes becoming available, it's a go to salad for me. 

This one I switched up a little. I'm not a fan of arugula so I used spinach instead. Really good swap in my opinion. 

Caprese Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes & Burrata

Photo from EatingWell


Recipe from EatingWell.com
Serves 6

2 T extra-virgin olive oil
1 T balsamic vinegar
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
2 c baby arugula
4 c sliced heirloom tomatoes
4 ounces burrata, sliced
½ c basil chiffonade (see Tip)
¼ tsp flaky sea salt

Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss arugula with 1 tablespoon of the vinaigrette in a small bowl.

Place the dressed arugula on a platter. Decoratively arrange sliced tomatoes and burrata over the arugula. Sprinkle with basil and flaky salt.

No comments: