Sunday, August 2, 2020

Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken

If you don't have an air-fryer, and you like crunchy food, you should get one. I bought a small one and use it all the time. When I first got it, I used it nightly. Then, as is the case, the new toy rubs off and it ends up being used a couple times a week. Still...it makes GREAT crunchy. And, surprisingly, cooks burgers really well too. There's a ton you can do with them, and I'm only just beginning. 

This recipe I kept low carb and didn't use panko on the whole batch. I was curious how they'd be with or without Panko. I mean, Panko makes everything crunchier. 

Both chicken sets were delicious. Adding the mayo really does a good job keeping them moist when cooking in an air fryer. Frankly, I liked the version without the Panko better. The Parmesan had a chance to really crisp up as it was the only thing on the chicken. 

Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Recipe from Adventuresofanurse.com

2 Large Chicken breasts
1 c Parmesan shredded
1 c panko bread crumbs
1 c real mayonnaise

Split chicken breasts in half to make "cutlets". Pound each piece with a meat hammer ( so they are even )

Spread Mayo on both sides of each piece of chicken. 

Mix together Panko and Parmesan ( for keto skip the panko). Coat each piece of chicken in the panko/Parmesan mixture

Preheat air fryer to 390

In a single layer place in air fryer, cook for 15 minutes turning once after 10 minutes.

No comments: