Thursday, December 28, 2023

2023 Favorite Recipes

Photo credit
to Mashable
It's often very hard to decide if a recipe gets the coveted listing of "Favorite". I try so many recipes that sometimes they all blur together. Even as I read my list of favorites some of them I don't even remember. 

And some of them are the standouts. These are the ones that as I glance over my list of recipes, THESE I remember. Some I've made multiple times and plan on making them more in 2024.

My Top 5
These were my 5 favorite recipes of 2023. These aren't in any favorite order.  
  • Flank Steak in Adobo - This one is a stand out because it was so flavorful and so amazing the next day. It reminded me of Chili Colorado, which I always order when going out to Mexican food. The depth of flavor in this recipe was amazing. It is a Cook's Country recipe so I shouldn't be surprised. 
  • Porto Bifanas - I made these right after we got back from Portugal. I was so impressed with their Bifana sandwiches that I wanted to replicate it for the Sunday Dinner group. And it was one of those recipes that when eating, the group is silent. 
  • German Pork Cutlets - I set up a German Sunday Dinner theme after we returned from German and yet it took me over a year and a half to get to it. I was going to do German Sausages but couldn't find any. So I had to find an alternative. Google showed me this recipe and OH LORD was it amazing. 
  • Honey Butter Skillet Corn - I made this for the Hunter Wives dinner this year. The dinner is always country fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. It was mom/dad's favorite recipe. This year I decided to make a different corn just to add to my recipe list. I've made this 5 more times since then. It's that good. 
  • One Pot Beef Stroganoff - I have a Kick Ass Stroganoff recipe that is always my go to. This recipe may have changed my "go to" stroganoff. 
Favorite Low Carb: Inside Out Burger
Favorite MarinadeWicked Good Steak Marinade

I'm looking forward to 2024 and more recipes. I'm going to make my goal 175. That will be a challenge. Assuming I cook Saturday and Sunday I'll end the year at 166 new recipes. 175 will be a stretch but I can do it. 

No comments: