Sunday, December 3, 2023

One Pot Spaghetti (152 of 150)

Photo from Dance
Around the Kitchen
These one pot recipes always intrigue me and I rarely actually only use one pot. I've not been successful with cooking pasta in a single pot with the other items. 

In this case, I thought I'd give it another try and actually follow the recipe. It was relatively successful. I had to add more liquid and I'm really not a fan of breaking spaghetti in half. You can't twirl it on your fork then. 

The flavor of this spaghetti was delicious though. It's got solid ingredients and not anything fancy.


One Pot Spaghetti
Recipe from Dance around the kitchen

Serves 6
  • 1 pound ground beef
  • 2 ½ cups beef broth
  • One 24 ounce jar marinara sauce
  • One 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano drained
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 8 ounces spaghetti uncooked
  • grated parmesan, red pepper flakes, fresh basil for topping optional

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until fully cooked; drain.

Add the broth, marinara sauce, diced tomatoes and garlic powder; bring to a boil.

Stir in the spaghetti.

Let boil, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the sauce is thick.

Top with grated parmesan, red pepper flakes and basil, if desired.

No comments: